make-zfs quick tool could have an onu-like option
Review Request #110 - Created Oct. 28, 2015 and updated
When working on zfs, the make-zfs is very helpful to reduce build time.
Having an 'onuzfs' option would be great for saving some typing (and remembering) how to run your just compiled changes.
Internal use at Syneto
- don't always create the archive for the wrong reason (init git_rev)
- allow make-zfs to be run from any directory
- do not just run 'do_tar' but document what to run (be more consistent with the rest of the script)
- change parameter from 'onuzfs' to 'onu'
- update usage to mention onu
Revision 2 (+24 -1)
I'm not sure which way is typical practice for things like this, but instead of putting sudo on these lines, you could just let "beadm create" fail, and when it does (testing the return status) remind the user: Hey, you need to run this as: sudo make-zfs onu
Tat way seems a little more straight-forward to me.
It would also work if you didn't install sudo, though that's not a huge concern.